Short and sweet.
Asked if she was saying Trump’s early downplaying of the severity of the crisis had “cost American lives”, Pelosi replied: “Yes, I am. I’m saying that.”
The first case was on January 20th, 2020, supposedly (via The Guardian). In the article they claim President Trump waited 6 weeks to respond.
- The HHS declared it a public health emergency.
- Pentagon looking into additional facilities for coronavirus quarantine
- CDC’s coronavirus quarantine order is first in more than 50 years
- US orders 14-day quarantine for Americans evacuated from Wuhan
- CDC has investigated 241 US patients for coronavirus
- Delta Airlines to temporarily suspend all US-China flights over coronavirus
That's actually a lot of response!
And, CNN's front page (archive)?
Wow, Pelosi should have been pushing a response, right? After all, not doing so cost American lives.